Wine tourism, due to the pandemic, is called a innovate e get rich to meet the new needs of tourists. According to Roberta Garibaldi, councilor of the Minister of Tourism for food and wine tourism, can and must become a journey more and more able to match the passion for wine, the will of get to know places and people, deepening it history e traditions, and the search for a holistic well-being, in prestigious environmental contexts.

TOURISTS WHO TRAVEL FOR WINE TOURISM ARE INCREASING BY 17% THE PROPENSION TO GO TO MORE CELLARS.

It also emerges that among those who have had wine tourism experiences on trips made in the last three years, 64% visited one or two wineries, 26% from three to five, 10% from six upwards. Compared to 2019, it grows by 17% propensity to travel to multiple companies.

THE WINE TOUR IS ENRICHED WITH NEW FACETS: CULTURE AND WELLNESS

The discovery and tasting of local wine production, although it is central to wine tourism, is no longer the only reason for the trip. The cultural value that wine possesses, represented by a unique mix of product, terroir and people, fascinates and attracts more and more. Italian tourists consider a visit to the cellars an opportunity for cultural enrichment (63%, + 6% compared to 2019), to get in touch with the identity, traditions and culture (including winemaking) of the place they are visiting ( 59%, + 7%).

Here the choice does not fall only on the most renowned companies, but expands to include the small family businesses - with 57% of Italians who would like to visit them, an increase compared to two years ago (+ 7%) - as well as historical houses. These production companies that are characterized by the combination of history, art and wine are increasingly desired: those who would like to go there will go from 60% in 2019 to 67% in 2021.

To the cultural dimension is added that of welfare, thanks to the amenity of the places and the healthy dimension that wine (and food) are taking on more and more. 58% of Italian tourists would like to find opportunities in wineries - such as courses, workshops,… - to regenerate, reprogram their habits and adopt a healthier lifestyle; 51% would like to be able to enjoy wellness activities (massages, whirlpools and SPA) in the vineyards.

This search for well-being also takes the form of moments of detachment from everyday life, from work: 56% would like experiences in the cellar that can be used after working hours, such as wine bars and small events.

THE FUTURE? ENRICH THE OFFER TO STAY COMPETIVE

The high propensity and interest in the wine tourism journey and the visit to the cellars leads one to wonder what directions should the offer take. A key question for the future of the sector, also in light of the fact that the offer in the cellar is considered to be very similar and, often, not easily accessible without reservation. An opinion that, compared to 2019, concerns a greater number of Italian tourists: today they are 53%, while two years ago they were 47%.

The purchase of wines (indicated by 73% of tourists), the tasting (71%) and the tasting of refined dishes combined with the company's products (67%) are today the most popular proposals for the future; followed by tastings at sunset, dining in the vineyards, having the opportunity to learn more about the production processes and the history of the winery.

Among the activities that receive the greatest approval compared to 2019 are wine clubs (+ 12%), proposals dedicated to children (+ 10%), sports and artistic activities in the vineyards (+ 10%). This denotes a clear desire to experience and experience the cellar through new, more engaging ways that allow for personal enrichment.

close
adv